DIaC Central Office, Canberra Australia
The DIaC Head Office is one of the largest Federal Government projects in recent years, consolidating 1,800 staff within one location.
HBO+EMTB was responsible for initial facilities planning, design and documentation of both base building (featuring six floors and three basement levels) and integrated fitout. The 34,100sqm building breaks with the Canberra tradition of heavy masonry facades and reinterprets the building structure with a grided white skin cladding and open glazed infill panels. The facade gives a transparency to its internal functions whilst maintaining a sense of security for the inhabitants. The building floats on exposed columns of a colonnade that encircles the ground level, which contains functions accessible to the public.
The design adheres to DIaC’s stringent security requirements and exceeds the requirements of the Commonwealth Government’s brief for energy efficiency.
A highly collaborative approach between builder, developer, tenant and design team has seen this complex project delivered two months ahead of scheduled and at commercially attractive terms.
- 16 Marcus Clarke Street, Canberra Australia
- ACT Emergency Services Outdoor Training Centre, Canberra Australia
- Capital Region Cancer Centre, Canberra Australia
- Caves Beachside, NSW North Coast Australia
- Craigieburn Train Maintenance Facility, Melbourne Australia
- Crown Casino Westend Redevelopment, Melbourne Australia
- DIaC Central Office, Canberra Australia
- Eden Gardens, Sydney Australia
- GPO Perth, Australia
- Lilyfield Public Housing, Sydney Australia
- Lyneham Performing Arts Centre, Canberra Australia
- New Century Hotel, Xian China
- North Penrith Commuter Carpark, Sydney Australia
- Rugby League Central, Sydney Australia