Australian Catholic University Masterplan, North Sydney Campus, Australia
Our design philosophy is to link the existing site features and create a unique identity for the ACU North Sydney Campus based around the idea of a “Community Campus” composed of “Social Spaces”.
Considering that the campus has evolved around a heritage building and its surrounding gardens our aim has been to maintain and restore the Vice Chancellery building as the principal focal point of the site while strengthening the two principal axis’s which traverse the site. Grades have been radically altered to expose the original base of the heritage building, and the central gathering space has been stripped of dated materials and furnishings and replaced with durable and high quality finishes that flow into the interior spaces.
By demolishing buildings and reconfiguring the carparking we have been able to provide an arrival sequence that expresses the campus experience. The design, supervised by HBO+EMTB, completed construction for Stage 1 within tight time frames over the summer break.
- Australian Catholic University Masterplan, North Sydney Campus, Australia
- Brisbane Airport Central Parking Area, Brisbane Australia
- Canberra Central Parklands, Canberra Australia
- City of Sydney Ashmore Precinct, Sydney Australia
- Craigieburn Train Maintenance Facility, Melbourne Australia
- Erskineville Residential Project, Sydney Australia
- Forest Spa Golf Resort, Guang Dong Province PRC
- La Trobe University: Thomas Cherry Forecourt & Courtyard, Bendigo Australia
- Macleay River and Floodplain Bridge, NSW Australia
- Pacific Highway Upgrade: Bonville, Australia
- Pacific Highway Upgrade: Devil's Pulpit, NSW Australia
- Xi’an Lintong Tourist and Resort Zone Masterplan, China
- Yarralumla Bay Masterplan Studies, Canberra Australia