Erskineville Residential Project, Sydney Australia
Following the completion of the Ashmore Precinct DCP for the City of Sydney, HBO+EMTB were commissioned to complete the landscape masterplan and public domain DA for a high density residential development over 1.6 hectares within the precinct.
Located in a floodplain, the site presented with many drainage constraints. In collaboration with the civil and flood consultants, HBO+EMTB’s design employs several WSUD techniques to help ease pressure on local storm water infrastructure while enhancing the sites local ecology. An internal shared street accommodates pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles and separate cycle paths along the sites frontage integrate with the City’s existing cycle network. Together with the on-street parking layout, the traffic scheme emphasizes green street principles.
The repetition of recycled materials throughout the site and consultation with urban art consultants in the development of the public art strategy has resulted in a site character that is responsive of the developments context and history, and also complementary of the contemporary apartment complex.
- Australian Catholic University Masterplan, North Sydney Campus, Australia
- Brisbane Airport Central Parking Area, Brisbane Australia
- Canberra Central Parklands, Canberra Australia
- City of Sydney Ashmore Precinct, Sydney Australia
- Craigieburn Train Maintenance Facility, Melbourne Australia
- Erskineville Residential Project, Sydney Australia
- Forest Spa Golf Resort, Guang Dong Province PRC
- La Trobe University: Thomas Cherry Forecourt & Courtyard, Bendigo Australia
- Macleay River and Floodplain Bridge, NSW Australia
- Pacific Highway Upgrade: Bonville, Australia
- Pacific Highway Upgrade: Devil's Pulpit, NSW Australia
- Xi’an Lintong Tourist and Resort Zone Masterplan, China
- Yarralumla Bay Masterplan Studies, Canberra Australia