Frank Kitts Park, Wellington New Zealand
HBO+EMTB's concept for the redesign of this waterfront site improves its poor connection to the city and incorporates a Chinese Garden whose structure and meaning is underpinned by the philosophy of Feng Shui. The Feng Shui study of the surrounding landscape identified Chinese mountain and water dragons. It is the figurative movement of these dragons through the landform and bay that is retold in the scheme.
The park is reconfigured to slope to the water with a sea walk extending the park into the harbour and providing a place from which to view the Dragon Boat Races. The scheme uses Chinese design principles, concentrating the heart of the park around a tea house at the centre of the waterfront edge. An underground car park is reconfigured to allow a smaller circular footprint which diminishes the bulk of the structure whilst a new cafe is incorporated into the curving walls with magnificent views of the harbour from the terraces.
- Avalon Residential Garden, Avalon Australia
- Bedford Place Park, Sydney Australia
- Edmund Barton Building, Canberra Australia
- Frank Kitts Park, Wellington New Zealand
- Hunters Hill Residential Garden, Sydney Australia
- Mount Annan Visual Assessment, NSW Australia
- Old Windsor Road & Norwest Boulevard, Sydney Australia
- Pyrmont Plaza, Sydney Australia
- Qing He Bay Olympic Village Golf Course, Beijing China
- Standard Chartered Bank, Tianjin China
- Wildes Meadow Residential Garden, NSW Australia
- Xanadu Ecological Resort, Heibei China
- Xidan South Church Park, Beijing China