Mount Annan Visual Assessment, NSW Australia
HBO+EMTB were commissioned by Integral Energy to assess the visual impact of proposed paired 66kV Mono poles and transmission lines along an easement which follows the eastern edge of the site alongside the Hume Highway, and to provide mitigation recommendations. The visual impact assessment was limited to the section of proposed overhead power lines within the boundary of the Mount Annan Botanic Gardens.
The terrain of the area contributes to its scenic quality. The landscape comprises rolling hills and in some areas dramatic slopes and high points. This sloping pattern also facilitates many vantage points for viewing and conversely visually exposed areas and high potential for mitigation. The terrain also provides a contrast to the flatness of the Cumberland Plain, which is crossed by many people before passing through the area southbound on the Hume Highway.
Analysis of the visual impact from view locations determined where supplementary planting should be located for optimum mitigation of the proposed poles and easement.
- Avalon Residential Garden, Avalon Australia
- Bedford Place Park, Sydney Australia
- Edmund Barton Building, Canberra Australia
- Frank Kitts Park, Wellington New Zealand
- Hunters Hill Residential Garden, Sydney Australia
- Mount Annan Visual Assessment, NSW Australia
- Old Windsor Road & Norwest Boulevard, Sydney Australia
- Pyrmont Plaza, Sydney Australia
- Qing He Bay Olympic Village Golf Course, Beijing China
- Standard Chartered Bank, Tianjin China
- Wildes Meadow Residential Garden, NSW Australia
- Xanadu Ecological Resort, Heibei China
- Xidan South Church Park, Beijing China