Discovery House Awarded 4 Star Green Star Rating
Discovery House in Canberra has been awarded a 4 Star Green Star Rating under the Green Building Council of Australia’s As-Built Rating Tool V2.
HBO+EMTB was engaged to design 10,500sqm of additional office accommodation for IP Australia at Discovery House in Woden. The development is an expansion of their existing facilities and continues the architectural module and aesthetic.
The design incorporates an additional four commercial levels and two levels of basement parking. To invigorate the precinct, a café area for both staff and the public has been created on the ground floor.
Despite the constraint of existing architecture, HBO+EMTB implemented environmentally sustainable principles in the design of both the building’s external envelope and services.
- Recent Media: The Australian, Football NSW given go-ahead for new headquarters
- Bold design for new 300 room Starwood Hotel
- Designing for a new era of the world game in NSW
- Recent Media: Microsoft fitout featured in Cubes Magazine
- North Penrith Commuter Car Park officially opened
- Cathy Ingram appointed Principal Designer in Perth
- Recent Media: Melbourne studio on right track for ultimate success
- Craigieburn Train Maintenance Facility shortlisted at the 2012 WAF Awards
- Associate Director Appointed in Mumbai
- Recent Media: Citrix Systems, Interior Magazine
- International architect Dominik Mazur appointed to HBO+EMTB Wellington
- HBO+EMTB appointed to refurbish the Gold Coast Turf Club
- Recent Media: Starting Over, Trends Magazine
- HBO+EMTB appointed to refurbish The Lodge
- Local government partnerships critical to Perth’s affordable housing crisis
- HBO+EMTB appoints Principal Designer in Sydney studio
- Recent Media: Geoff Baker in Profile, Architecture & Design
- Recent Media: ASIC featured in Indesign Magazine
- HBO+EMTB designing for a new era of Rugby League
- Geoff Baker appointed Principal Urban Designer