HBO+EMTB appointed to refurbish the Gold Coast Turf Club
HBO+EMTB has been appointed to work on the staged refurbishment of the Gold Coast Turf Club.
Racing Minister Steve Dickson said funding for the redevelopment project was provided as part of the LNP’s $110 million commitment for racing infrastructure improvements.
“Projects like this are just one of the many ways I’m determined to rebuild racing across Queensland,” Mr Dickson said.
“With HBO+EMTB on board, I’m excited to see Racing Queensland and the GCTC’s shared vision for a world class club facility become a reality.”
Mr Dickson said works in the first stage of the GCTC project included renovations of the existing grandstand lounge, bar and restaurant facilities.
Stage two is scheduled to start following the 2013 Magic Millions.
Racing Queensland Limited chairman Kevin Dixon said he was very pleased at the allocation of funds for the first stages of work from the Newman Government and looked forward to working with HBO+EMTB.
“This high-ranking firm of international architects has a strong background in the hospitality and gaming sector, recently completing major works for Crown Casino in Melbourne and hotel projects in a number of countries across the Asia-Pacific region,” he said.
“With work starting in September we will see the first stages of the development in time for the 2013 Magic Millions Carnival which is one of the most important dates in the racing calendar.”
HBO+EMTB managing-director Kevin Fitzgerald said the team is looking forward to the challenge of designing the new dining and hospitality sections.
"I congratulate the Newman Government and turf club on their initiative in providing first-class racing and facilities for one of the fastest growing regions in Australia,'' said Mr Fitzgerald.
- HBO+EMTB to restructure for growth
- Recent Media: The Australian, Football NSW given go-ahead for new headquarters
- Bold design for new 300 room Starwood Hotel
- Designing for a new era of the world game in NSW
- Recent Media: Microsoft fitout featured in Cubes Magazine
- North Penrith Commuter Car Park officially opened
- Cathy Ingram appointed Principal Designer in Perth
- Recent Media: Melbourne studio on right track for ultimate success
- Craigieburn Train Maintenance Facility shortlisted at the 2012 WAF Awards
- Associate Director Appointed in Mumbai
- Recent Media: Citrix Systems, Interior Magazine
- International architect Dominik Mazur appointed to HBO+EMTB Wellington
- HBO+EMTB appointed to refurbish the Gold Coast Turf Club
- Recent Media: Starting Over, Trends Magazine
- HBO+EMTB appointed to refurbish The Lodge
- Local government partnerships critical to Perth’s affordable housing crisis
- HBO+EMTB appoints Principal Designer in Sydney studio
- Recent Media: Geoff Baker in Profile, Architecture & Design
- Recent Media: ASIC featured in Indesign Magazine
- HBO+EMTB designing for a new era of Rugby League